Sep 14, 2013

Guest Bedroom - III

Well, I believe the guest bedroom is basically finished.  Which is extremely exciting to be able to say.  Friday I found a blog that I am loving right now that had a specific blog all about how to style a nightstand which also included a fabulous video how-to.  Now I'm not sure about you, but I know that I always have a bit of a hard time styling nightstands, so this find was HUGE. 

So let me show you around the room...
I found this picture frame today at Target and fell in love with it - bonus because it was in the Clearance section!  The picture inside is of a statue in Bali off the shore of Padang Bai where I did an awesome scuba day trip. 
 
Here is a look at the frame on the floating shelf.  Initially I was planning on recovering the stools with the rug that's on the floor, however, once the room really started looking complete, I felt like it needed a bit more color.  So now they're staying in their initial form.
 

Here's a look at the nightstand on the left-hand side of the bed.  I've got a fun silver tray, which turned-out to match the frame pictured above on the floating shelf, so that was a fabulous accident.  Then on the tray I have a white vase with lots of texture, a cream colored ylang-ylang candle and a little bowl for guests to throw their jewelry in.  Then behind is a framed picture I bought at market while I was in China. 
 
 Here's a look at the nightstand on the right-hand side of the bed.  A added a little moose that I received from a Team Builder we did at work for a little surprise funky.  My favorite part is the wooden jewelry box on the right.  I got it for Matt from the most wonderful singing toothless street vendor in Ubud, Bali and it still smells like motor oil. 
 

Here's a close-up of the stacked books supporting the clock and one of the jewelry box as well.
 
 In my last blog (Guest Bedroom -II) I ended with a ton of photos from my recent trips to China and Indonesia and asked which ones I should get printed to display on the wall.  I ended-up developing all of them in hopes that would help me decide, but it didn't.  Instead I ended-up putting a piece of art that I bought while I was in Vietnam and I love it in the room.  It is a great addition. 
 
 
 
And here is the final picture of the room, with little itty-bitty baby Fergus making an appearance on the faux fur rug.  :)  What do you think?
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment