Aug 4, 2013

Guest Bedroom - I

We moved into our new house just about a month ago and we are still, sadly, living mostly out of boxes.  Not because we have to, but because we've been too lazy to unpack. 

Now with that being said, I am also getting stir crazy.  That means the first home project has began.  Boyfriend and I decided the first room/area that we wanted to focus on was the guest bedroom.  We bought our home in AZ and neither of us are from here - boyfriend from FL and I'm from IL - so we are convinced that if we give people a room to stay in they will come and visit.  Wish us luck on that...

So today begins it!  Our little guest room, is 9X11.  That's right, it is the same dimensions as some rugs, so we're going to get creative with space.  Rather I am going to get real creative with space and hopefully it will all turn out fabulous. 

So let me show you my inspirations for this room:  The first photo that you see gives me #wallspiration.  I'm planning on painting the room in a light gray and then on the anchor wall doing this wall pattern.  Then  the second is the total inspiration photo from the latest cover of #BetterHomesandGardens  followed by the third which is the fabric I will most likely use for the duvet instead of the Catalina as that's just too expensive for our 'budget decorating.'
Wallspiration


Total Package
Duvet Fabric

I am going to get started!  I will post some before and after pictures, as well as $ investment as I get going.  :)

Thanks,
Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment